Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub Review
Your baby can enjoy bath time more with the soothing vibrations offered by the Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub. It is designed to accommodate both young and older babies so you don’t have to change tubs as your baby grows. And because it comes from one of the world’s leading makers of baby products, Fisher Price, you are sure that it is a quality product that will last long.
Features of the Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub
- Product dimensions: 31 x 18 x 9 inches
- Product weight: 1 lb
- Age range and weight capacity: Newborn (10 lbs), Infant (20 lbs), Older baby (25 lbs)
- Convertible bath tub
- 3-stage calming vibrations setting. Features an optional, calming water vibration setting that resembles a spa.
- Newborn mode: Features an adjustable sling made of breathable fabric that can be attached and secured at specific spots located around the rims of the tub. It has padded headrest to support the head. The sling is comfortable and safe to use and can be removed when not needed.
- Infant mode: Remove the newborn sling and replace it with the baby stopper insert. The insert lets you lay your baby in a reclined position just enough to support the back and raise the upper body in a gentle recline, while also preventing your baby from slipping into the water with the non-slip bay rest.
- Older baby mode: When our child is able to sit up straight by himself, you can remove the stopper to let your baby sit up and play.
- Has a drain plug
- Has a hanging hook
- Has smooth, rounded rims
- It can fit in a single or double sink.
- Grows with your baby. Because the tub can be adjusted to suit the age and abilities of your growing baby, you don’t have to change tubs. This is a cost-effective choice for a baby bathtub.
- The calming vibrations may benefit a newborn who is still adjusting to his surroundings. Vibrations may resemble those inside the womb which can be soothing and relaxing especially for newborns.
- Safety features. It has safety features like the stopper for baby younger babies to prevent them from slipping as well as rounded rims to avoid getting scratched.
- Basin is large and deep so older babies who are able to sit can still have most of their bodies immersed and be able to bathe properly as well as play.
- It is easy to set-up and use. There is also a hook provided so you can hang it to dry or for storage purposes.
- Easy to clean. Emptying the basin is hassle-free because of the built-in drain plug that enables you to drain water quickly.
- The bottom of the basin is smooth and can be very slippery when wet.
- Some of the people who reviewed this product had experienced mold buildup inside the baby stopper because according to them this part was quite hard to clean.
- According to a few parents, the vibrating feature of the tub was unnecessary since some of the newborns get frantic instead of soothed when the vibration feature is turned on.
- Quite expensive.
The Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub is a great choice for a baby bathtub that grows with your baby. Although a bit expensive, convertible bathtubs will save you money in the long run. The vibrating feature will sooth babies and help them relax while taking a bath. The tub also ha safety features which are very important when looking for a baby bathtub.
Please check out this short video on this tub:
Another infant tub that you might want to consider is the 4moms Infant Tub. It has a very unique feature that provides you with a steady flow of clean water while dirty water flows out of the tub through the side drains.
It has a clean water reservoir so you can scoop up clean water easily when rinsing off soap on your baby. The tub comes with a rinse cup that is secured in a built-in cup holder on the side.
Keeping track of the water’s temperature is also hassle-free with the digital thermometer installed which has a color-coded temperature display to inform you if the water is too hot or too cold. When filling the tub with water, the faucet should pour water over the thermometer so it can sense the temperature, when it turns green, it means that water temperature is just right for your baby. To empty out the tub, it also has an attached plug in it.
The Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub is also a bathtub that grows with your child. It has 2-support positions that accommodate bathing newborns to toddlers.
If you need a baby bathtub but has limited storage space, then this tub will come in handy. It has a hook and is designed to be collapsible making it quick and easy to store.
The tub has a fully expandable bottom that can be adjusted to a reclining position suitable for bathing a newborn. For a toddler, fully expand the bottom to make it deeper.
For a sturdy baby bathtub that will last until the early toddler years of your child, the Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub is the best choice among the three. The convertible design is a cost-effective choice for a baby gear that you will frequently use.