Puj Tub – The Soft, Foldable Baby Bath Tub Review
Made of flexible materials, the Puj Tub makes bathing your child in the sink a lot easier. It is made from soft materials that allow it to easily conform to the shape of any sink you put it into. The Puj Tub will also cradle your baby allowing you to use both your hands during bath time.
Features of the Puj Tub
- Product dimensions: 25.2 x 26.4 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Soft foam. The Puj is made of soft foam which makes it easily bendable so it can conform to the shape of the sink you place it into. It fits to most standard-sized bathroom sinks, countertop sinks and pedestal bathroom sinks.
- Resistant to mold and mildew
- Suitable for babies from birth to 6 months.
- Free from toxic chemicals like PVC and BPA.
- The foam is soft, and has a spade-like shape that easily cradles your baby during bathing. It is nonslip as well.
- Perfectly molds to the shape of the sink. It also conform to the shape of your little one’s body for a perfect fit which can be calming for babies.
- Lightweight and portable
- Dries easily
- Storage is easy. Because it’s lightweight and quick to dry, you can even put it behind your bathroom door and just let it hang there ready to be used anytime.
- Free from toxic chemicals that can be harmful to your baby’s health.
- Very useful for moms who have just given birth, most specially those who had a C-section, since bathing your child at a level as high as your waist will prevent you from bending too much and putting stress on your wound.
- This tub can be easily outgrown.
- The tub only holds a small amount of water in it, you need to keep the faucet running.
- According to some of the people who reviewed this product, wriggling infants have the tendency to displace the water making it overflow, thus wetting the floor around you.
- With the Puj tub, if your tap is not high enough, your baby has the tendency to grab it. Being too near the faucet can also cause injury if hot water gets turned on.
- A few parents who reviewed this product also find having to prepare a separate jug of water for rinsing quite a hassle, instead of just getting one straight from the tap.
- For some people, the tub was too big for their sink.
The Puj Tub will mostly benefit newborn babies, since they are not so wriggly and small enough to fit nicely in a sink, you won’t have any issues with water overflowing. You can also use this for older infants although this can be quite challenging considering their size. If you’ve had a caesarian section, this would be a useful bath tub so you can bathe your little one at hip level with no strain on your wound.
Check out this minute video on this tub:
For a bath tub that you can use from birth up to about 6 months, the 4Moms Infant Tub is also a great alternative to consider. It’s quite large and has to be placed inside your regular tub.
However, this tub has unique features that set it apart from regular baby bath tubs. It has a digital temperature sensor with an LCD display.
The sensor reads the temperature of the water as it pours from the faucet, depending on the temperature, the screen display will change colors according to the temperature. Blue for cold, Red for too hot and Green for the perfect water temperature.
If you see red from the screen, warning beeps will also warn you that water is too hot so you can adjust the tap. This feature ensures that your baby will not be scalded with hot water. It also has a clean water reservoir that collects clean water so you can have access to warm and clean water anytime you need it.
Another unique feature that it offers is that it drains out dirty water through the side drains so your baby will continuously bath in clean water only. Plus, if it’s time to rinse off the soap, you have the water reservoir always ready with clean water. Also included in the whole bath is a rinse cup and an integrated rinse cup holder.
The Fisher-Price Calming Waters Vibration Bathing Tub is also a good option for a bath tub that grows with your child. It offers 3 support positions to accommodate newborns, infants and toddlers.
For newborns, it has a detachable sling that cradles your newborn so you can use both your hands when washing your baby. It also has a vibrating water feature that soothes babies as you wash them.
When your baby outgrows the sling, just remove it and use the baby stopper provided so you can still place your infant at a reclined position but with the head and back supported by the tub itself. Once your child has learned to sit upright, just remove the baby stopper so your baby can sit in the tub and play.
The 4Moms Infant Tub is the best among the three, mainly because of its two unique features. As a safety precaution, the temperature sensor is really a useful feature so you don’t have to worry about the water getting too hot without you noticing it.