Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub Review
Most baby bath tubs can be quite bulky requiring you to have a large space to be able to store it properly. Unlike regular baby baths, the Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub can be shrunk down to a smaller size allowing you to fit the tub in a drawer or cabinet easily. If you also like to travel with the whole family, this baby tub will be very useful.
Features of the Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub
- Product dimensions: 33 x 18.2 x 6.5 inches
- Product weight: 6.2 pounds
- Offers 2 support positions. This tub grows with your baby as it can be positioned two ways:
For newborns, this tub can be placed in a reclined position that cradles your baby while being bathe. This position will also ensure that the head is high above the water.
For older infants or toddlers, when your baby learns to sit upright, the bottom of the basin can be fully expanded to make it deeper and accommodate a larger infant or tot.
- Support brace. To keep the tub from sliding and moving around the surface, two rotating support braces are placed to secure the tub.
- Drain plug for quick and easy emptying of the tub.
- No harmful materials used. This baby bathtub is free from BPA, Phthalate and PVC.
- Collapsible design. Makes transitioning from one position to another easy and also setting up and storage hassle-free.
- The streamlined design is simple and easily understandable even without looking at the manual.
- One-piece design. Aside from its simplicity, being a one-piece item makes it very low-maintenance since you won’t be worrying of losing any loose parts.
- The tub is easy to clean with the surface smooth with no hard to clean areas; also the water drains completely through the drain plug.
- Budget-friendly. Although it is quite expensive, you can make use of this until your baby becomes a toddler, saving you money from buying another one.
- You can put the tub on the floor, inside your regular bathtub or on top of a table.
- Free from toxic chemicals that can be harmful for your child’s health.
- Easy storage. The collapsible design allows the tub to be stored flat without taking up too much space. You can also hang it to dry using the hook included.
- Drips dry quickly.
- The smooth surface can make the tub slippery during bath. You may have to put some non-slip mat that can fit inside to make sure that wriggly infants or tots will not accidentally slip.
- For newborns and infants, non-slip pads will also be helpful because some of the people who reviewed this product said that they tend to slide down with the reclined position because of the smooth surface.
- A few parents had experienced the tub’s locking mechanism for the reclined position snapping while it was in use.
The Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub Green is a great choice if you want a tub that will grow with your child. This will also benefit households with limited bathroom space or storage space and is looking for a compact tub to use. You can also bring this when you travel with your baby.
Check out this video about the tub:
Another tub that you can use until your baby grows into a toddler is the Primo Eurobath. This is a standard baby bath tub, made of plastic and supports two seating positions to bathe your baby in.
On one side, the tub is designed in a reclined position with the head and back supported. There are also stoppers in place under the arms and legs to prevent your baby from slipping into the water.
For older babies who are able to sit up, the opposite section of the tub is designed with a safety stopper that sits between the legs of your child to keep them upright and also prevent them from slipping into the water.
The tub is also free from harmful and toxic chemicals like lead, BPA and phthalates. Cleaning it is also a no-fuss job as there are no hard to reach areas where soap and water can accumulate which can harbor dirt, mold and mildew.
The whole tub measures 36 x 21 x 9 inches, which is quite big. If filled with water, carrying this can be a challenge. Also, if you have limited space to spare, you may find its size a major drawback.
If portability and storage top your list when considering a bath tub for your baby, the Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Bath Tub is also a great choice for something portable. This inflatable tub is affordable and designed as a cute rubber ducky. Inflating the tub can be done manually or by using an electric one, either way, it’s easy to inflate.
After inflating, you just put the bath inside your regular bath tub, fill it with water and your set up to start bath time. What’s unique about this inflatable tub is the temperature sensitive disc at the base of the tub.
When the water is too hot, it changes its color as a warning. However, this inflatable tub is more like a mini pool rather than the usual baby bath so it’s best use for older babies who can sit upright.
The Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub Green is the best choice because you can use it for newborns and toddlers. Plus, it’s light, compact, easy to clean and easy to store, you don’t have to worry so much about how or where to store it.